Saturday, February 6, 2016

Step 8: The Big Reveal!

Are you ready!?!?!? This is the point you've been waiting to see! Let's peel that tape!

First things first though. Like discussed in Step 7: Applying Red Coat, be sure to score the tape edges with a razor in order to prevent the red coat of paint from coming up.

     When that is complete you will have something that looks like this!



See how I painted over the black stripe on the horn like I was talking about? Oops...

See the white stripe on the side I was talking about too?



Congratulations!! Take a breather! You deserve it!     ... Who am I kidding? You are probably just as anxious as I was to move on and finish this thing up, huh?   Okay, okay. STEP 8: Clear Coat.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for these instructions bud,just from seeing this i know feel i know how to paint mine,even though mine is going to be a copy of one of eddies kramers not the 5150 but one with the cut pick guard and the bannana hockystick kramer neck on it which i will have to paint the head stock too but you just showed me how and in a pretty straight ahead manor, im glad i picked your instructions over some other ones. again thanks and very good job on yours,it looks like eddie did it himself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to paint my strat shaped mandolin...

    ReplyDelete